This week I have been getting ready to settle on my first Self Managed Super fund investment and cutting it fine to be ready. It is something I had been putting off for some time but with the volatility in the stock market, and now that it is compulsory to have a super fund, I decided it was time to put my funds into an investment that I can control myself.
The process as it was
- My accountant took care of setting up the fund.
- I identified a conforming property with strong income plus potential growth and exchanged contracts 5 weeks ago.
- Applied for the managed funds super to be rolled over which arrived 3 days ago, cutting it fine.
- Still waiting to sign the mortgage documents for settlement with only 3 days to go.
- Management agreement still to be signed.
I will update you on the half yearly return in December.